The Gauteng Provincial Government invites individuals and organisations within the private and public sector to enter the Youth Excellence Awards. The purpose of these awards is to celebrate the positive contribution made by youth to improve their life and those of others.
The aim of the awards is to also recognise inspiring young people whose development has had a significant impact on people and communities in Gauteng. They also aim to identify and reward the most creative and developmental projects intended to affirm individuals from disadvantaged groups, honour dedicated creative and effective youth. They encourage self-empowerment and best practice amongst youth.
- The awards are open to individuals and organisations who are making a difference in the lives of youth particularly in disadvantaged communities.
- The nominated individuals should be between 15-35 years and no age restriction for the nominator.
- The individual should be a South African citizen and a resident of Gauteng Province.
- The projects should be developmental of the youth.
- The initiative requires a minimum of one year of implementation to qualify for evaluation.
- The project must demonstrate direct benefits to citizens in the Gauteng Province. The project must demonstrate innovation. New applications only.
THE AWARDS CATEGORIES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Community Safety
- Health (Healthy Lifestyle, fitness, balanced diet and nutrition, healthcare, medical treatment)
- Economic Development (job creation and placement, entrepreneurship)
- Sports, arts and connecting culture, language, diversity including social cohesion)
- Education (Skills Development, Career Guidance, Mentoring Programme and Tutoring)
- Innovation, ICT, Science and Technology.
To enter the awards, please complete the entry form electronically or by hand and send to Gauteng Provincial Treasury by post, e-mail or hand delivery. Also include your supporting documents.
The contact person is Ntombenhle Msomi, Gauteng Provincial Treasury, Gender, Youth & Disability (GEYODI).
Cell number: 064 825 9774
75 Fox Street
Private Bag X 112
Please note that there is an open-ended deadline to these awards which mean you can submit at any time. You can download the information pack and entry form below